Metal Roofing Services In El Paso
Metal roofing has become a popular choice over the years, and there are many great reasons as to why. Our roofs are important to the integrity of our homes, so when it comes to choosing the best materials for your roof, you want to be knowledgeable about the subject and work with a roofing company that is knowledgeable and works with a wide variety of roofing materials.
If you’re a homeowner in the El Paso area, Smith & Ramirez Roofing is that roofing company. We have years of experience, expert knowledge, and a hardworking team of roofers who can help you with all of your roofing needs.
Metal Roofing: The Basics
Metal roofing can be made from steel, tin, aluminum, zinc, or copper. Depending on your desired look and goals for your roof, you may choose one material over the other. El Paso has a dry, hot climate, so — unlike other environments that see more rain, salt in the air, and snow— you have more options. This type of roofing is good for desert climates because it still retains its fire resistance. Other materials may weaken in this area in intense heat, but metal roofs retain it. On top of that, despite popular belief, it does not “bake” a home like tin foil would a baked potato. It is durable, weather-resistant, and can last 50 to 75 years.
Why Do Homes Benefit From Metal Roofing?
Metal roofs provide homes with both aesthetic and structural benefits. It looks good and because you have numerous choices when it comes to materials, you can find styles and colors that go with the physical attributes of your home. Each material comes with its own features and issues, but for the most part, this kind of roofing comes with nothing but benefits. It does tend to be a bit pricier than other roofing materials, but the benefits are worth it in the long-run, making it a terrific choice of roofing materials for homeowners in El Paso.
Metal Roofing For Commercial Buildings
A great aspect of metal is that it can also be used for commercial purposes. Many commercial spaces can benefit from having metal roofs, regardless if you’re a business owner who owns the space your business is in or a landlord who rents commercial spaces out to businesses, the last thing you want to worry about is your roof. Because metal is a durable and long-lasting material for roofs, it can help alleviate some stress in that area.
The Pros And Cons Of Each Material
When it comes to choosing the best material, it’s ideal to evaluate the pros and cons of each. Here’s what you need to consider:
- Copper- Copper is incredibly gorgeous and durable. It’s made from recycled materials, making it one of the greenest roofing options available. However, it’s not ideal for areas that see a lot of hail (we see a lot in El Paso but it’s not necessarily a hail-prone city) and can be rather pricey. But when installed properly, it can last 100+ years.
- Zinc- Out of all the metal materials available, zinc is the greenest, even more so than copper. Plus, it’s scratch-resistant and can last for over 100 years. Zinc can be painted to match your desired aesthetic but it has a blue/gray tint if left unpainted. It also tends to chalk, which may not be ideal if aesthetics are important to you.
- Aluminum- Because they are salt-damage resistant, aluminum roofs are ideal for coastal regions, but can still be good for homes in the El Paso area. Aluminum does not corrode and can be painted to look great. A few downsides include how thin aluminum is, which makes it prone to wind damage, a common issue in El Paso.
- Steel- Steel is probably the most common metal material available. It’s high-quality, durable, and long-lasting. Plus, it can be made to mimic copper in terms of aesthetics. Steel is flexible, meaning it can be used for differently styled roofs and buildings, and it is typically more affordable than other materials. It does well in areas with strong winds and crazy weather. However, steel does tend to rust, which may cause issues later on. Overall, it’s a great material to use for roofing.
What Makes Metal Roofing Different?
A few things that make this kind of roofing stand out from other types of roofing materials include:
- Its longevity– While it’s a little more expensive to have a metal roof installed, it lasts longer, helping you to save money in the long-run
- Its durability– Metal is incredibly durable. While other types of roofing may have a lot of issues with things like poor weather, roofs made from metal has fewer problems.
- Its aesthetic appeal- Metal looks absolutely terrific on most homes. It’s ideal for people looking to improve the look and feel of their home.
Are Repairs More Expensive?
Depending on the materials used and the damage done, repairs may be more or less expensive than other roofing options. However, there’s no hard answer to this question. Regardless, we’ll provide you with high-quality repairs that you can depend on.
Call Smith & Ramirez Roofing Today!
If you’re looking to have a new metal roof installed in your home or business or are simply in need of some metal roofing repairs, Smith & Ramirez Roofing is the place to call. We offer high-quality roofing materials and services to homeowners and business owners throughout El Paso. Call us today to learn more about our services.